Our Breeding Program
Temperament, Health and Socialization are priorities in our breeding program. Litters are whelped in our home. Before going to their new families, our puppies receive their first set of vaccines, worming and dewclaws removed. We prepare a puppy packet which includes information on the Sire and Dam, Toy, Food Sample, Shot Records and AKC paperwork.
Puppy deposits are taken once the breeding has been confirmed. The deposit is applied to the purchase price. We do our best to select the puppy that best fits your needs. Being flexible on sex and /or color will help ensure that we will have a puppy for you. The puppies go to their new homes at 8 weeks. For the health and safety of our puppies, we wait until the puppies are at least 5 weeks of age before visitors are allowed.
Puppy Deposit Contract Terms
- All waiting list positions must be secured by a $300.00 deposit mailed to Yellow Rose Labradors. This deposit will be applied to the total purchase price of your puppy. Please make checks payable to: Kay Scott, mail to Yellow Rose Labradors, 6611 Rickey Lane, Arlington, Texas 76001.
- All deposits are refundable if we are unable to provide your 1st or 2nd choice puppies. We will gladly refund your deposit or transfer it to our next available litter.
- Yellow Rose Labradors will notify clients within one week of the litter being whelped and of availability of clients 1st and 2nd choices. If the desired sex/color is not available, the client will be advised of what puppies are available in the litter and given first choice of those available puppies. If the client decides not to take any available puppies from the litter, the client will make the decision at this time to have their deposit transferred to the next available litter or have their deposit refunded to them within 14 business days.
- Buyer will pay the balance of the purchase price, including shipping charges, if applicable, on or prior to puppies at 6 weeks of age.
- There are several options for picking up your new puppy at 8 weeks of age. You can pick your puppy up at our home, we can meet you within a reasonable driving distance, or we can ship to you out of Dallas Ft.Worth International Airport.
- Please fill out the Puppy Deposit Contract and mail along with your deposit. Any and all questions are welcome…Home Phone : (817) 467-0025 or Cell Phone (817) 929-0589.
***** When naming your puppy, we retain the right to have Yellow Rose listed in registered name *****
Example: Yellow Roses Southern Belle – Texas Two-Step of Yellow Rose
Puppy Health Guarantee
We stand behind each and every puppy and dog produced through our breeding program. Our primary goal is to better the breed. We take responsibility to ensure we are producing healthy quality Puppies that will be your loyal companion for life.
All dogs used in our breeding program participate in hip and elbow certification through OFA, annual eye clearances through CERF, as well as DNA screening for EIC and Optigen.
Yellow Rose Labradors wants you to buy with confidence. Therefore, we offer a health guarantee on your puppy. We guarantee the health of your puppy, as long as, you have them checked within 72 hours of picking them up. If within this time frame, a licensed Veterinarian finds a problem, contact Yellow Rose Labradors to discuss your options of transferring your payment to another litter, or a full refund. In addition, we will guarantee your puppies hips and eyes for 24 months.
***Pet Quality Puppies***
Buyer agrees they are buying puppy on a “Limited Registration”, if the puppy is being purchased as either a companion/pet and not for Breeding purposes or a Show prospect. This does not prohibit showing in AKC Performance Events. “Limited Registration” means you cannot breed this puppy. Buyer agrees they are purchasing this puppy with no intention of breeding.
***Show Quality Puppies***
AKC Open Registration. If you have a Full Registration, you must have your dog OFA certified for hips and elbows, EIC, CNM, and PRA clear at 24 months of age. The dog may not be bred until these conditions are completed and you must be able to provide those clearances. When these terms have been satisfied, I will sign off on the Registration and release it to Full.
* If at anytime the buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog, the Seller is to be notified and the dog to be returned at the buyers expense. The dog will be returned with the AKC papers and any medical records.